It's that time again: time to go on record with your predictions for this year's NFL season.
I admit that I am not a great sports analyst and I am even worse at predicting the future. But, what the hey:
- NFC Champion: San Francisco 49ers. I like the cut of their jib
- AFC Champion: Denver Broncos. I think Peyton and the team are ready to make a strong run.
- Superbowl Champion: 49ers.
- The Houston Texans will make it to the AFC championship game.
- The Patriots will not make the playoffs.
I know that last statement is controversial (and given my record at predicting, I've probably just guaranteed them their fourth Superbowl victory) but hear me out. The era of Patriot greatness is over. Some would argue that it ended in 2007, when their perfect season fell to Eli Manning and the Giants. In any case, they have this aura of invincibility but, if you've noticed, they've been pretty darn vincible for the past nine years. Brady is not getting any younger. Bellicheck is only becoming more shriveled with evil as time passes. They don't have any receivers.
[OK, OK, that last Patriots rant may just be a clever ploy to get Jared to comment. Maybe.]
What do you think? Leave your predictions (or shred mine) in the comments thread.