- D.A. Carson
So, what did you think of the Superbowl? I thought it was pretty memorable. When the lights went out, I had a feeling it would help San Fran get themselves centered again, but it always bugs me when something like that happens and seems to have such an effect. Yes, the announcers were saying "these men are professionals, this will not affect them". But, of course, it did.
Who were you rooting for? Before the game, I was slightly Ravenish, mainly because they are AFC, my team beat them this year, Flacco has paid his dues, and it was Ray Lewis' last game. But as the game went on and I compared John Harbaugh's sideline cool to Jim Harbaugh's childish tantrums, I got more and more firm on my Ravens pick. Plus, they were - for most of the game - the better team. I think the fact that San Francisco was able to make it a game, and that the game was in doubt up until the last few seconds, made this one for the books.
The one time I saw John Harbaugh lose his cool was when he was banging away on that hapless suit on the sidelines after the lights went out. I feel for that guy, but - seriously - how do you lose the lights like that? What if all of them had gone out, or if they hadn't been able to get them back on? This is the Superbowl!
So, do you think the refs should have called pass interference on San Francisco's last offensive try?
Halftime - I barely watched it, but I hear it was good.
Finally, the commercials . . . did you have any favorites? Here were some of mine:
- On the 8th day, God made farmers
- The Toyota Genie commercials with Penny from the Big Bang theory
- The M&M commercial
- The quiet rumble in the Library over Oreos
- And there were some others that I liked that escape me at the moment.
Here were my least favorite:
- The godaddy supermodel-makes-out-with-nerd commercial. May they go out of business.
- The Calvin-Klein underwear commercial. Maybe I'm just jealous that I don't look like that guy, but - criminy, man - please remove your gr01n from my TV screen, wouldja?
- The one by company whatever that had the dude waking up after a meaningless one night stand and trying to get his T-shirt back from skank-girl.
Your thoughts in the comments.